This holiday season, the College at Brockport community will support local families in need through the Seasons of Gratitude campaign. Seasons of Gratitude is an adaptation of the former Holiday Helping Hand campaign with a primary focus of food collection.
The Seasons of Gratitude campaign will focus on domestic poverty and education, which allows us to create opportunities to engage a broad cross-section of faculty, staff, students and community partners in building relationships as we coordinate food collection and distribution as determined by need.
Whether you are a student or faculty/staff member, Seasons of Gratitude has a variety of opportunities to get involved in. Individuals, departments, clubs, organizations, and residence halls are invited to participate. In order to sign up for any of the opportunities, please access the appropriate link to log into the myBROCKPORT system to sign up (Brockport netID/password required to log in to myBROCKPORT). Our Seasons of Gratitude point person for each area will contact you with additional information via email following your submission.
There are five ways to participate (collection deadline is December 4):
- Build a Holiday Food Basket by filling an aluminum turkey pan with the key ingredients for a holiday dinner, such as canned vegetables, stuffing, etc. Please include a local grocery gift card to purchase the perishable items such as bread, eggs, milk, and the turkey.
- Build a Household Laundry Basket by filling a laundry basket with household supplies such as kitchen/bath cleaning supplies, paper products, etc.
- Build a Personal Care Bag by filling a reusable shopping bag with personal care items such as shampoo, soap, deodorant, toothpaste, etc.
- Manage a Donation Collection Box: The Office of Community Development (located in the basement of the Seymour College Union, Room B-105) will serve as the main donation drop-off site. Any items collected in buildings or other areas of the College must be dropped off to Community Development on or before Thursday, Dec. 4, 2014. We encourage donations of food, personal care items, and household cleaning supplies.
Volunteer your time:
- Collection/Sorting Day: Volunteers are needed to help collect and sort through all of the items collected by the campus. On Friday, Dec. 5, Union B-129 will turn into a collection site as we prepare all of the items prior to their distribution to the local community. Volunteer shifts are available throughout the day.
Tabling: Volunteers are needed to help promote Seasons of Gratitude by tabling in the Union. Staring November 13th and ending November 25th Volunteer shifts are available Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, 11:00am-1:00pm.
Learn more about Seasons of Gratitude:
- Visit myBROCKPORT: Eagle Service Days/SofG
- Visit Facebook: Seasons of Gratitude - The College at Brockport
- Email us at Serve@brockport.edu
- Call us at (585) 395-5245